Thursday, June 14, 2018

Lunch Ladies....Lemonade and Laughter!!

Today was our monthly ladies lunch from our little retirement community. We chose the Lewis River Golf Course because of its beautiful setting. We all love it here.


My daughter was married here several years ago, so it has even more of a special meaning to me.



Sometimes as a WFPB eater, going to restaurants can be challenging, but not today. As a special request, the chef made a beautiful salad full of mixed spring lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, avocado and a wonderful balsamic vinegar for me!!! And, silly me, I forgot to take a picture!! Oops!! But, I do love that chefs are becoming more aware of the WFPB movement. Just ask, I'll bet they'll do this at restaurants for you too!!

Some of these ladies had been friends for many decades and are getting on in years. But over the years they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures. Lately, most of their activities had been limited to playing cards a few times a week and lunch once a month.

Today one looked at the other and said, "Now don't get mad at me. I know we've been friends a long time, but I just can't think of your name. I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it. Please tell me what your name is."
       
Her friend glared at her. For at least three minutes she just stared and glared. Finally she said, "How soon do you need to know?"

Yup....it was that kind of day!! 😂 Chock full of giggles, and fun stories, and good times!! I hope that you have a group of friends that you can do these types of things with too!! It's good for the heart!!! And burns calories to boot!!!



....until next time, 
                    keep your Sunny Side Up 🌞


No comments:

Post a Comment