Friday, June 22, 2018

Inspiration......You Showed Up Just When I Needed You Most

As you know my DH and I  live a WFPB lifestyle! We abused our bodies for too many years to count. We were big time carnivores. I consumed ice cream by the gallons. He loved his meat. We both gained too much weight. Our health suffered. But we kept on going for that 5 Buck Lunch at Dairy Queen!! Being retired, it was a great way to go out to eat on a budget!!


Then one day in the late winter of 2017 I woke up! I felt like that day was going to be my last day here in this great earth! Whaaaat!! No! I can't let this happen! I promised this man that I married 22 years ago when I was 50 that we would have 50 years together ❤  I was killing both of us by what I was cooking. And, because I was in such poor health, we were eating fast food way to often!

Hence....my light bulb moment.



I started to consume every documentary and book I could find on the WFPB lifestyle. I joined Facebook groups. I started that day. I tossed every non-compliant food in the house in boxes and gave it away.



I haven't looked back. Together we have lost 100+ pounds. DH (aka Handsome Hubby) is at his goal weight!! I'm still in the journey. And someday some days I still struggle. However, we feel amazing. We have more energy!! Our cholesterol and blood sugar tests are nirmsl. We have been able to get off Some of our medications!! Those are some of the rewards we are enjoying!!

And then this morning....in my FB feed this pops up!!! A fellow WFPB'er who has been my inspiration for this lifestyle. He walks the walk and now talks the talk.

So if you need inspiration and advice and suggestions, and maybe even a kick in the pants 😍 check out Joseph's blog!!  BECOME GREATER  He is one amazing dude!!

And what I say to everyone who inspired, educated me, joined me and even given me that kick in the pants that I've needed from time to time me is ... a great big ...



....until next time, 
                    keep your Sunny Side Up 🌞

2 comments: