Monday, June 11, 2018

Coffee, Compliments, Connections....and More!!!

Staying connected to others is important in all stages of our lives. Social interaction is important to both our mental and physical well-being.

My way of doing that varies day by day, but the first thing every morning, I grab a cup of coffee, play with the pups, then check my e-mails and Facebook. I belong to several groups, mostly WFPB groups.


This morning when interacting with another member, I gave him big kudos for the huge amount of weight he lost this week, and told him I just don't lose that fast. He responded with "I wouldn't feel bad... my doctor wants me to lose 1/2 pound a week. I’m just a freak I think. You’re probably losing in a more healthy way then I... besides...I'm huge. You look like a twig already! If you lose too much you'll disappear"!

A twig!! That comment literally made me spew my coffee fight out of my mouth!! My comment to him was "A twig"??  "You must have some huge trees back there in Wisconsin!!!
LOL!! I still have 75-100 pounds to lose. I'll never be a twig...I come from a long line of sturdy redwoods, but I appreciate your perspective. And thank you!! I feel great now". 👍

When chatting with another friend recently while as I was helping her write her blog, her comment made me giggle out loud..."OMG, you are light years ahead of me. I’m still in the kindergarten class, letting the glue dry on the palms of my hands and then peeling it off".

Isn't it great to be able to make someone smile or LOL? Isn't the internet great!! We can choose who we want to connect with. We can block who we don't. And we can ignore the posts we don't like! I love having choices. And making new friends across the globe is an added bonus!!


So reach out today...smile at a stranger...give a compliment...be social whether you get out of the house and visit a neighbor, chat on the phone to your BFF, or connect to a Facebook buddy, Tweet, Text, post on Instagram....just connect!! It does a body good!!


....until next time, 
                    keep your Sunny Side Up 🌞

No comments:

Post a Comment