Wednesday, July 25, 2018

What do they know that I don't?

"Your funeral service should be as unique as you are. Start planning today".

WHAAAT!!!! This message keeps popping up in my email and Facebook feed. Now, I know I'm between the age of 70 and death, but what do they know that I don't?

And "unique"? Really? Shouldn't my life be unique? Shouldn't my hair style be unique? Shouldn't my laugh, or my fashion style or my decorating skills be unique?



Shouldn't my legacy be more unique than my funeral? Yep...that's it!! I want my legacy, your memory of me to be unique, and what footprint I leave on this earth to be unique!

I want to be remembered for my outspoken opinions. For my advocacy for the less fortunate. For my sometime inappropriate comments. For my passion for the causes I strongly believe in.



When I'm gone (don't get your hopes up, it won't be anytime soon), I don't want people to say how "sweet" I was, or how "quiet" I was, or "what a blessing" I was. I want people to remember the outrageous things I did and the passions I shared and strongly believed in. My hope is that the people that I have crossed paths with through the years, smile, or even better laugh out loud, as they think about times we spent together.




I don't give a rat's ass about my funeral. I don't want my loved ones to endure the pain of funeral costs or logistics. They won't need to have the thoughts and prayers of others. They are all strong people and they will handle the grief in their own time, in their own way.

Nope, my funeral will not be unique!! Flick a Bic!! Ba, da boom, ba da bomb!! Done! Gone!  I don't want to be remembered for how I died. I want to be remembered for how I lived!!!

Yep, color me unique, and when my time comes, color my legacy unique.



......until next time, keep your Sunny Side Up 🌞

No comments:

Post a Comment