Friday, July 20, 2018

If People Would Only Listen.....BEFORE It's Too Late

I reconnected with an old friend recently and we started chatting about how different I look, so much healthier and happier, she said.  She complained about how unhappy she is with herself, her excess weight and all of her aches and pains.  When I told her that I have lost almost 60 pounds in a year, she was very eager to hear about it.

And I was SO was eager to share all that I have learned. I shared websites and documentaries and articles and I recommended books. I shared recipes and easy meal ideas. I shared my enthusiasm and my excitement. I told her all she had to do was just....


Then she realized the work I've put into it, and then came the excuses. One excuse after another. She was looking for an easier way. A magic pill. Any way where she wouldn't have to 'give up anything'.

I've been this person.  I have used all of those excuses when I wasn't able to lose the weight.  I am an excuse expert. You can't fool me!! They are just excuses....plain and simple! I also tried all the "lose weight quick schemes". I could write the book on excuses and a number of the quick fix, fad diets.

And, I know that each person has to get here on their own.




For some, it will take a serious health scare.  For others, it will be "that" moment of clarity that hits them so hard in the face, that they cannot ignore it.  For others, it'll be a slow path that eventually leads to a healthy lifestyle.

But then, sadly, there are all of those "others" who never get it.  Or refuse to get it. There will be those that continue to eat artery clogging foods even after, one, two or three heart attacks. There will be those who lose their eye sight or a limb and continue to consume high fat and sugar laden foods. And there are those who will die too young, too soon because of their selfish, bad behavior. And leave families and loved ones to mourn. How sad that is. How very, very sad!

While this Way of Eating can seem drastic at first, it is easy and HEALTHY. So many of the medications prescribed to 'solve our health problems' these days are UNHEALTHY and SO very expensive.  And many of those solutions are either short-lived or come with a  myriad of side effects, and many times, worse than the diseases they're treating.

I am SO grateful that I not only found this way of eating, but that I have been able to embrace it fully. It is now not only a Way of Eating....it is also a Way of Life. I will continue on this journey I will continue to lose the weight. And, I will continue to get healthier, each and every day.

I hope that you will "find your way" before it's too late.

Before you're having your chest carved open.




Before you lose a limb or your eyesight.I






Before you're dependent on someone else because of your poor choices.



Please do it before........

before it's too late.....

before....the end.


Suggested reading.


Suggested documentaries.

Forks Over Knives
What The Health
Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
Cowconspiracy
(all of these can be found in Netflix)

No comments:

Post a Comment